We moved the club’s monthly business meetings to a new location which is near the Air Museum three miles South of Tillamook. We no longer hold it at the Tillamook Eagles Club. Please call or send a message to get the directions to the new meeting location.
Meeting Minutes Jan 5th
- Five members present, Steve, Pete, Stuart, Bob and Mike.
- New meeting location approved, Pete will send email notices to members sometime in late January.
- Mike Walsh won the drawing for the free 2012 dues.
- Decided to leave the combination for the storage shed padlock unchanged for now.
- Discussed safety and supervision of children, visitors, pets, settled on using a tactful verbal reminder with possibly a sign saying the pit area is for pilots only.
- Reviewed the airfield visitor policy. Unannounced visitors are welcome Sat and Sun mornings otherwise they should give prior notice or be accompanied by a club member.
- Discussed items for sale and the upcoming swap meet.
- Reviewed the expenditures and revenues during 2011. We ended the year with close to the same amount that we stared with. We expect less expenses in the coming year 2012 but may get less revenue as well.
I replaced the airfield entrance sign located at the driveway turnoff. It is a little smaller but says the same things as the old one, for the most part. The old sign was hardly readable due to chipping paint. The gate post was soft near the bottom but it should last a few more years.
The North Coast RC Modelers selected two new officers during the December 2011 meeting. Congratulations to Steve, our new club president, and Matt, our new safety officer. I think they both will be a great fit for those positions and do well. Pete was re-elected vice president and Stuart was re-elected Secretary-Treasurer.
The decision to move the meeting location was postponed because there is still some question about one of the potential new locations. The next meeting will be held at the Eagles Club on January 5th at 7:00 pm.
Pete raised discussion about a Christmas gift for Norm, the property owner, and Ken ,the resident, to help express our appreciation for allowing us to fly at the farm. Pete offered to select the gifts, make the purchases and present them to Norm and Ken. The club approved the proposal and the funding.
We discussed the condition and wording of the signs. We decided to repaint a couple, change the wording of one and possibly relocating another. Stuart and Bob will work on them over the winter.
Steve brought in the display model that he finished for the Civil Air Patrol Cadets. It is a sharp looking plane.
The financial report was read, and we reviewed the November minutes.
There were eight member present; Pete, Mike, Bob, Matt, Steve, Bill, Gary and Stuart.
The meeting was then opened for informal discussion and adjourned about 8:30 or 9:00.
The club thanks long time member Ken Ray for buying a full year of web hosting for this web site, ncrcm.com. Ken’s generous donation allows the North Coast RC Modelers to continue keeping you up-to-date on RC aircraft in the local community. We appreciate the enduring enthusiasm Ken has show for both the RC hobby and the club.
This web site was given a new look at the end of Oct 2011. The changed was the result of switching to a new web host and using a different web builder software called Word Press. Old links on the internet should still lead back to this site. Word Press software and the newer web standards allows many new features but also makes a few simple things harder to do without lots of research and a little tinkering under the hood so that is why I am taking forever to restored the site.
One nice new feature is that club members can easily put their own news articles or messages on the front page of NCRCM.com. I will add a how-to page eventually. Let me know if you have something that can go on this site and will post it if you don’t want to do it yourself (it is real easy to do).
This site still needs some maps, a video gallery, more photos in the gallery gallery and a few more little things. Let me know if I forget anything. If something does not look right please send a message telling me about it, include the version of your browser in the message also.