Meeting Minutes – May 3, 2012

Eight people attended the meeting; Pete, Stuart, Bob, Matt, Steve, Mike, BIll, and Gary.  Bob brought some stain for the tables. Gary brought  his new quadcopter, Bill brought his electric Cessna and motors.  We discussed new members and some old members we haven’t heard from in awhile. We talked about the Othello heli fun fly, three are attending so far.   We decided on several things concerning the 2012 NCRCM Tillamook  fun fly.  We OK’d the funding of Stan’s suggestion for gravelling the driveway.  Steve will talk to Stan to see if he wants to be in change of that project; getting the OK from Norm, ordering the gravel, arranging for spreading, etc.  Steve will mail out the Fun Fly invitations soon.  He will arrange for airpots for coffee and also arrange for Heli Direct door prizes.  Stuart made a poster and Pete will give them to nearby hobby shops.  Pete will also handle the pilot registrations and money for the event.  Rob will again do the food, drinks, water and snacks, Matt might bring a generator, othewise no electricity.  Rob’s tarp structure might be setup if we can get BIll’s donated metal corner piece to fit it.  Tables will be painted and grass will be mowed by whoever can help.  The JUNE 7 MEETING will be at the AIRFIELD and will be a work party for setting up the Fun Fly event (come early).

Meeting Minutes – April 5, 2012

The meeting was attended by Bob, Bill, Stuart, Matt and Steve.  We discussed mower repair and field maintenance.  Bob said he would replace the mower belt and work on the mowers.  We talked about organizing a work party to get the airfield in shape for spring but decided to see what was needed and do some maintenance over the weekend and then save the organized work party effort for just before the June fun fly.   We discussed possible dates for our 2012 fun fly and we settled on Saturday June 9th as having the best fit.  We still need to talk to Norm to make sure that date is OK with him before we commit to sending out invitations and advertising.  We decided on a one day event with a 5$ landing fee and will work on additional details at the next meetings.   We discussed obtaining a missing part for Rob’s shade shelter (no resolution).  We discussed potential new members and reviewed the list of people that have or are likely to renew memberships in 2012.

Followup notes:  Bob fixed the mowers on the following Saturday and they are in good shape now.  The field was mowed, weed sprayed, and trimmed on the following Sunday, It was rolled on the 14th, tables were repaired on the 15th,  It still needs table painting, shed washing, sign work,  safety supplies, frequency pin repairs, weed eater repair, maybe a little fertilizer on the bare spots, another spraying, and weekly mowings.

Unrelated link to the paper airplane guy

Meeting Minutes – March 1,2012

The North Coast RC Modelers held a regular scheduled meeting on Thursday March 1st 2012.  Six members were present – Mike, Pete, Bill, Matt, Steve, and Stuart. Old minutes were read.  A financial report was given and expected future revenue and expenses were discussed. The reciept of the AMA charter renewal and airfield insurance certificates were noted.  An email message addressed to the club about a web service for free RC advertising was presented.  Steve noted that one mower needs repair and said he will start on it with possible help from Stuart and Bob.  Web page changes were discussed.  Steve will work on a club history page. Stuart will look into a new plugin for managing web videos.  We talked about possibly getting a couple new members soon.  The upcoming swap meet and the status of safety equipment were noted and the meeting was followed with open discussion of peoples latest projects.

(  Unrelated link to robotic quadcopters performing James Bond theme )

Meeting minutes – Feb 2012

A regular scheduled monthly club meeting was held on Feb  2, 2012 at the new location.

Eight people were present; Steve, Matt, Gary, Stuart, Bill, Ken, Mike and Eric. Three people renewed membership at the meeting.  January minutes were read.  Financial report was not read (Treasurer forgot – see it here). The new meeting location and alternatives for access was described by Steve. The completed AMA charter renewal and insurance application was noted and checked for accurate phone numbers.  A safety discussion was lead by Matt and a consensus that developed was for members to bring first aid supply donations to the next meeting, Matt will work on airfield signage for safety rules, a water filled garden sprayer will be donated for extinguishing grass and a chemical sprayer might be donated or purchased for extinguishing fuel/vehicle fire. Steve brought up the topic of the next Fun Fly. We decided we didn’t need to advertise it with AMA and could work out details in future meetings. Open discussion topics included among other things the various new models that people were building, purchasing or selling and some notable RC flights seen on video.

minutes – MEETING LOCATION MOVED!

We moved the club’s monthly business meetings to a new location which is near the Air Museum three miles South of  Tillamook.  We no longer hold it at the Tillamook Eagles Club.   Please call or send a message to get the directions to the new meeting location.

Meeting Minutes Jan 5th

  • Five members present, Steve, Pete, Stuart, Bob and Mike.
  • New meeting location approved, Pete will send email notices to members sometime in late January.
  • Mike Walsh won the drawing for the free 2012 dues.
  • Decided to leave the combination for the storage shed padlock unchanged for now.
  • Discussed safety and supervision of children, visitors, pets, settled on using a  tactful verbal reminder with possibly a sign saying the pit area is for pilots only.
  • Reviewed the airfield visitor policy. Unannounced visitors are welcome Sat and Sun mornings otherwise they should give prior notice or be accompanied by a club member.
  • Discussed items for sale and the upcoming swap meet.
  • Reviewed the expenditures and revenues during 2011.  We ended the year with close to the same amount that we stared with. We expect less expenses in the coming year 2012 but may get less revenue as well.

New club officers – Meeting minutes Dec 2011

The North Coast RC Modelers selected two new officers during the December 2011 meeting. Congratulations to Steve, our new club president, and Matt, our new safety officer. I think they both will be a great fit for those positions and do well. Pete was re-elected vice president and Stuart was re-elected Secretary-Treasurer.

The decision to move the meeting location was postponed because there is still some question about one of the potential new locations. The next meeting will be held at the Eagles Club on January 5th at 7:00 pm.

Pete raised discussion about a Christmas gift for Norm, the property owner, and Ken ,the resident, to help express our appreciation for allowing us to fly at the farm. Pete offered to select the gifts, make the purchases and present them to Norm and Ken. The club approved the proposal and the funding.

We discussed the condition and wording of the signs. We decided to repaint a couple, change the wording of one  and possibly relocating another. Stuart and Bob will work on them over the winter.

Steve brought in the display model that he finished for the Civil Air Patrol Cadets. It is a sharp looking plane.

The financial report was read, and we reviewed the November minutes.

There were eight member present; Pete, Mike, Bob, Matt, Steve, Bill, Gary and Stuart.

The meeting was then opened for informal discussion and adjourned about 8:30 or 9:00.

Meeting minutes – November 2011

A club meeting was held October 5th at Eagles Lodge in Tillamook at 7:00 pm, adjourning at about 8:30 pm.

Six people attended: Stuart, Steve, Matt, Bill, Robert Sr. and Mike.

September minutes and financial report were read by Stuart.

Robert Sr said he repaired the shed door and winterized the toilet and discussed winterization and maintenance of the airfield. No other maintenance issues were identified.

The club admired and discussed an airplane that Dennis Dirks donated. We decided to sell it to raise money for gas and other expenses.  The fuselage was purchased by Mike during the meeting and the engine will be sold at a swap meet in March.

We discussed the upcoming elections and reviewed the bylaws for dates and other requirements.  We decided nominations should be done at the upcoming December meeting with voting held during the January meeting and newly elected officials could then take office during the February meeting.

We discussed giving out information  packets to new members when they first join the club.  We decided that it was a good idea and that we should do it but did not flesh out any details.

Steve told about his sponsorship with Heli Direct, the events he will attend, competitions he will enter, discounts he will receive and testing he will perform. Steve brought in an RC model Chipmunk that he built from a kit. He discussed the repairs he had to make to his TRex 600 engine and showed us the piston that had burnt through the crown.

Matt said he has been working mostly on radio electronic equipment lately and talked about some of his projects.

Stuart said the new web site is coming along but there is still plenty more to do. He said lots of competing plugin options are available and it requires a lot of research and testing to find which ones work well.  He passed around and gave out surplus 1mm carbide drill bits. Stuart said he lost a radio and shorted out a battery charger and said he has progressed lately with his heli stunt flying.

Mike said he has been working on Civil Air Patrol functions and talked a little about them.

More open discussion followed.